Saturday, October 4, 2014

Who is the 7ady in Red? She is...Black

Photography by Shante Fagans Photography 
Now I'm hoping that I educate a few people today. To me being black is an important part of me, as I am a black woman who has a business, so it is a part of my brand. To me the black business movement does not mean forget all the other small businesses. It means that statistically support for black businesses is very small, (check out the links below) even in our own community. Therefor efforts to help black businesses and support them are needed.

Supporting my community is important to me because I come from Detroit and one of my dreams is to help rebuild it. I'm also a black woman and I hope to rebuild the black community and mentor young people to be the best they can be. To do this, I constantly support and encourage others to support black businesses, businesses run by women, and small businesses. I think that there are many corporations that don't care about people, especially black people and other minorities. So, make it my job to encourage others to care about the amazing work these individuals do.

I have to care about black business because it's a part of me. I can't wake up and not be black. I can try to ignore it, but it's always there. I know my people need me. So, I support them and encourage them. Like I said, this doesn't mean forget about all other small businesses. This means I just know that the black community needs me and this is a part of me, a very important awesome part of me. If I don't care, who will?

I want everyone to see that my community is filled with kings, queens, business associates, entrepreneurs, mentors, and other positive images. To do this I have to support my people, make sure I have a positive image, and encourage others to do so as well. This doesn't mean ignore the oppression or hardships my community faces (but that's another blog for another day).

Being black is who I am and just one of my many great identities. It influenced why I started my own business, just like several of my other identities.I want all my followers, friends and clients to know who I am. Therefore every week I will be talking about an identity of mine that influenced my passion and my business.

This week's identity was: "being black." The following weeks will include being a woman, a student, a Detroiter, and more. You don't have to agree with me to follow me, I just want you to learn and know who I am. Feel free to ask questions if you need further understanding. Don't forget do your own research.

If you want to support me feel free to ask me about my marketing services I offer. I try to offer services for businesses of all shapes and sizes.

Create, Build and Prosper,



Asia CEO/ Owner of 7ady in Red

Important links

No comments:

Post a Comment